Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day of Fish

Today's topic at Daily Blog Topic is "April Fool's Day." I don't have much left in me by now as it's the end of a very long day, but I will say that in France, they call April 1st the "Day of Fish." And instead of trying to play practical jokes on people, the French stick silly construction-paper fish on people's backs. It's basically the euro-trash version of a "Kick-Me" sign. I don't know who decided that paper fish are funny, but I guess whatever's clever....

My own ingenuity in regard to pranks peaked at the age of 12 and fizzled like a dying star. My favorite April Fool's Day prank of all time was rubber-banding the clasp on the tool next to the kitchen faucet people use to spray off their dishes, so when my mother turned on the tap, she was showered with an unexpected blast of cold water. I am pretty sure she didn't find it as funny as I did.

What did you do for April Fool's Day? What is the worst prank/practical joke you've fallen for?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for using and shouting out DBT!

    That faucet prank does sound pretty funny but when pranks are done to me - no likey! lol

    ReplyDelete