Sunday, April 4, 2010

Glitch 'n Bitch

Today, more than 90 days into loving my iPod Touch, I experienced my first major upset. I was in my vehicle heading to my parents' house for Easter dinner when my iPod actually froze on the car cradle and refused to play any music. This happened mid-song. I know, because I had put it on random and it was in the middle of "I've Got No Strings" from Disney's animated "Pinocchio." Talk about frustrating. The only times I really want to hear that song are if a) I'm in the middle of Fantasyland at Walt Disney World or b) babysitting for a child with special musical needs.

Anyway, long story short, I pulled up to a long traffic light (4th & Main, if you're local) and attempted to get my music back on track. I pulled the iPod out of the cradle and reset it a couple of times. After placing it back into the cradle and touching on the musical note icon to bring up my mp3 library, I was presented with the message that all hardcore iPod Touch users will admit is the worst case scenario. The message was something like this: "You don't have any music on your iPod Touch, Idiot. Go directly to iTunes and buy some, GEEZ!"

Needless to say, I arrived at Easter dinner quite perturbed. I'm like... this.close to taking a big vacation and I just found out that my music library no longer exists! Granted, I had everything backed up on my computer and I even have it set up for wireless in my home so I can pull it off my desktop or laptop. That's not the point. I was sure that with approximately 3,000 songs, it would require hours of file transfer and diligent effort/patience on my part. Which, I'm sorry, I'm just fresh out. The whole point of going on vacation is to cut loose from all the mundane stress of your quotidian life. Packing & laundry I can handle. Technical warfare, no thanks!

Fortunately, when I got home from Easter dinner, I synched my iPod Touch to my iTunes and within 3 minutes I was rocking out to recently added tunes and the like again. Yeah, I have no idea either...but now I wonder if it had something to do with the software update Apple released due to the launch of the iPad. Damn you, Steve Jobs, you really have to have it all, don't you?

Speaking of, I downloaded a handful of songs earlier today and by far my absolute favorite is "Change of Time" by Josh Ritter. What are you doing still reading my geeky blog? Go check it out on iTunes.

P.S. If you're being subversive and still reading this, I'll leave you with these two questions. 1) Did you get an iPad? 2) Do you have a recently-added favorite track that I absolutely need to check out?

1 comment:

  1. Nope to the iPad. Tunes for you to rock out to? Check out The XX "Crystalised". Psychedelic Furs"love my way" Suzanne Vega "Luka" I won't even start with hair metal. :)

    ReplyDelete